Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
Go to Mipathia

The Fastest Way to Become a Permanent Resident (PR) in Canada

Skilled workers with relevant work experience or in-demand skills can immigrate to Canada through an Express Entry program such as the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class or the Provincial Nominee Program.

Find your path
Two people celebrating being Canadian

Why Choose the Express Entry Pathway?

A woman on a bicycle

Become a PR quickly

The entire Express Entry process, from filling out the application to becoming a PR, can take as little as six months, making it the fastest pathway!

A woman working on a computer

Increased employment opportunities

Most individuals coming to Canada under Express Entry obtain job offers and secure employment before arriving in Canada. With relevant Canadian work experience, you’ll have more work opportunities!

A man holding a Canadian flag

Benefit from PR status

As a landed PR, you’ll enjoy various local benefits including reduced housing costs, affordable tuition fees, universal healthcare and retirement payments!

A woman shooting an arrow at a bullseye

Improve your score

Increase your Express Entry points by studying at a higher level, gaining relevant work experience, retaking language tests or by studying and working in Canada.

Express Entry Pathways in Canada

Federal Skilled Workers Program

This program is for individuals with foreign work experience in a managerial, professional, technical or skilled profession and are looking to move to Canada permanently.

Federal Skilled Trades Program

If you’re a skilled worker with experience in a skilled trade such as maintenance, manufacturing and cooking, then this program may be for you.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The CEC is for skilled workers who have gained Canadian work experience under temporary resident status with authorization to work and now want to become permanent residents.

Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry (PNP EE)

These programs vary by province and are often used to fill local in-demand jobs. In many cases, accepting a provincial nomination will increase your Express Entry points by 600.

TR to PR Express Entry

The Temporary Resident (TR) to Permanent Resident (PR) pathway includes limited-time programs for certain temporary residents currently working in Canada. The streams are for english-speaking and french-speaking international graduates, health-care workers, and essential-non-healthcare workers. The programs for international graduates have filled up and are now closed.

A woman running past a cross road while thinking about Canada

How to Become a Permanent Resident via Express Entry

A card with a person profile image and immigration score

Check your score

Check your immigration eligibility with the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) by providing some simple information, including: age, education, language and work experience.

Fork road signs

Find Immigration Pathways

Once you’ve completed your profile, Mipathia will process your information and discover the best pathways for you, from over 100 available options.

Chat bubbles

Get support

Receive help from licensed immigration experts, schools and employers by messaging them directly on your account.

A computer screen with search results

Explore jobs and schools

Find and apply to schools and jobs throughout Canada at the click of a button, increasing your chances of successful immigration.

What are the Differences between Express Entry Programs?

Eligibility criteria Federal Skilled Worker Program Federal Skilled Trades Program Canadian Experience Class (CEC) PNP EE
Language skills English or French skills: CLB 7 English or French skills: CLB 5 for speaking and listening; CLB 4 for reading and writing English or French skills: CLB 7 if your NOC is 0 or A; CLB 5 if your NOC is B Same as federal program
Educational experience Foreign education with completed credentials and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Not required Not required Check the applicable province
Type of work experience Canadian or foreign experience in one of these NOCs: 0, A or B Canadian or foreign experience in a skilled trade under major groups in NOC B Canadian experience in one of these NOCs: 0, A or B Check the applicable province
Amount of work experience One year continuous within the last ten years (combination of part-time, full-time or more than one job in your primary occupation) Two years within the last five years (either combination of full-time or part-time work) One year in Canada within the last three years (either combination of full-time or part-time work) Check the applicable province
Job offer Not required
But you can get selection factor points for having a valid job offer
A valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority
Not required Check the applicable province
Find your path

What Our Users Say

Frequently Asked Questions